Top 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions Concrete Contractors Get in Edmonton
Do you need concrete placing and finishing or cutting and coring done in Edmonton? Finding the best concrete contractor in Edmonton for the job can be a daunting task! Luckily, a few quick questions will allow you to narrow your list of potential concrete companies in Edmonton dramatically.
Here are 10 questions you should ask concrete contractors in Edmonton before hiring them:
- How long have you been in business? The longer the better! It’s hard to have confidence in a concrete company in Edmonton that’s only been around a short while. Can you be sure they’ll be around long enough to honour a warranty?
- Where is your office located? It’s pretty common these days for concrete contractors to work out of their trucks, but these “nomad” outfits can disappear as quickly as they appear on your doorstep. A brick and mortar office are a sign of stability.
- References? You absolutely have to see pictures of their work and be able to contact previous clients before hiring a concrete contractor for placing, finishing or cutting in Edmonton.
- Do you guarantee your work? Don’t hire anybody who doesn’t offer at least a one-year warranty on their work, and read the fine print. A reputable concrete contractor in Edmonton won’t hide wiggle room in the fine print to get out of warranty responsibilities.
- How long will the job take and are you willing to write it in the contract? Some concrete companies in Edmonton will have several projects running simultaneously which may stretch out the duration of your job. Most small- to medium-sized jobs shouldn’t take more than three days.
- Do you do the work yourself or do you “sub out”? Every aspect of concrete placing, finishing, cutting and coring jobs in Edmonton that are subbed out increases the likelihood of higher fees and less quality control.
- When can you start? Don’t get frustrated if there is a wait period. A one week to one month wait period is not necessarily a bad thing. There are many clients with very diverse projects being scheduled which require experienced manpower for each corresponding project.
- What professional and work safety organisations do you belong to? Any self-respecting concrete contractor in Edmonton will adhere to strict standards set out by professional organisations.
- What community initiatives do you support? Another sign of stability and pride in work and community.
- How do you deal with bad weather? In Edmonton, bad weather—high heat, heavy rain, hail, deep cold—can hit suddenly and ruin a concrete job.
Questions regarding concrete cutting or finishing in Edmonton? Contact us at Champion Concrete Cutting! At Champion Concrete Cutting, we’ve been your go-to concrete company in Edmonton for over 25 years!