Benefits of Stamped Concrete
Looking for a way to create a beautiful walkway, patio or driveway without breaking the bank? Stamped concrete may be your answer!
What is stamped concrete? Very simply, it is concrete that is poured in place, smoothed, and then a desired pattern is pressed into the surface of the concrete with a polyurethane stamp. After the concrete is fully cured it is painted or finished with another coating, depending on the desired effect.
What are the advantages of stamped concrete?
- Low cost. The average cost of stamped concrete is about half that of alternatives like slate, brick or tile.
- Stability. What’s great about stamped concrete is that individual pieces will not shift out of place or lift over time because it is a unified surface.
- No cracks! This is a big plus if you’re not a fan of scratching weeds out from between paving units like slate, brick or tile.
- Let your imagination run wild! Because you are working on a virgin, malleable surface, you get to choose exactly what you want it to look like in terms of texture, pattern and colour. It’s totally up to you!
- Long-lasting with low maintenance. Stamped concrete is easy to clean, and with a new coat of concrete finish every few years, there’s no reason why it shouldn’t offer many years of low-maintenance utility.
- Beauty. Stamped concrete looks great! And because you choose the exact pattern, texture and finish, you can marry the stamped concrete to your house palette for that perfect match.
What are the negatives?
- Annual maintenance required. Dust proofer or sealer should be used on stamped concrete areas every year to keep the broomed, stamped, or exposed aggregate looking its best throughout the year. Especially throughout the winter season, stamped concrete in Edmonton will be constantly under heavy weather conditions such as rain and snow, so keeping up with its annual maintenance is important.
- Delicate to repair. Cracks in stamped concrete are not always easy to repair—it’s hard to match the colors, patterns and textures after the fact. Unlike other paving materials which can be removed individually and replaced, repairs in concrete have to be patched. With a little patience the repairs can be relatively inconspicuous, especially if they are painted over.
Are you considering stamped concrete in Edmonton? Give us a call at Champion Concrete Construction. We’re happy to answer all your questions about stamped concrete in Edmonton or concrete finishing in Edmonton.
At Champion Concrete Construction we’ve been providing concrete finishing services in Edmonton and the surrounding areas for over 25 years.
Trust Champion Concrete Construction when you consider a walkway, patio or driveway made out of stamped concrete in Edmonton. Contact us!